Friday, July 27, 2007

Running the Good Race


I decided to use this space as a running journal as I train for my first marathon. I will post the good days as well as the bad days.......




Today I set out at 6:45 am to run 5 miles. But I waited too long. There were no clouds in the sky this morning as there were previous mornings. So it was too hot and humid to run this morning. My bad.




Even though it was so hot, I still ran four miles in 45 minutes. I did feel really good while running though. No knee pain at all and my ankles weren't hurting me either. Both are getting stronger.The fact that I can run four miles now without hurting is God's blessings indeed. Last summer I couldn't run two miles without being in extreme pain. Now I can run with no problems!




The sunrise this morning was so lovely. I will have to take my camera next time to preserve the memories here on this site. I have seen some incredible sunsets and sunrises since my training began. Sort of feel like Forest Gump out running in the desert!



Hopefully, I look better than he does.........




Four miles today and hills yesterday. Tomorrow (Sat.) is a speed drill where I run 2 miles as fast as I can to improve my endurance and speed. Can't wait. I'll have to start at 6 am to beat the heat.I did enjoy all the rain and cooler temps this week. I was able to run up Shaw Buite (half way up...) yesterday at 10 am! Unheard of during the summertime in Phoenix, but the weather was so nice.




Well, that's it for today. Gotta go take a short nap and then start a new Bible study to start in August.


No comments: