Thursday, August 2, 2007

Running the Good Race


Thursday-
I didn't get up early enough this morning to beat the heat and humidity, so I ran on the treadmill out on the back patio. It wasn't so bad out there.
I did 2 miles fast....at an 8 incline for five minutes at a time so it felt like running up and down hills. It was hard at first, but it felt great. Doing hills will improve my endurance.
Tomorrow is my LONG run. I hope to do 6 miles in one hour. That was my pace years ago, so I hope I can match it now at age 40. We'll see! Nathan's friend is coming over in the morning, so I may have to run in the evening. Hope I beat the storms again!
But I will set the alarm clock to run at 6am. Should be able to get it done in time.....hopefully!
Am so grateful to the Lord to be able to run. Last summer I was plagued with knee pain and this summer: NONE whatsoever. All glory goes to God.

No comments: